Of the two types of EWP tickets, this licence training in Brisbane is focused on your EWP Ticket for – EWP tickets over 11 Mtrs – for the National High-Risk Licence. As part of this training, we also include the under 11 Mtr EWP training as well resulting in a comprehensive skill set to operate EWP’s.
Three days of training with our highly experienced EWP trainers here in Brisbane will support a broad range of EWP skills for varied work – and presents an amazing opportunity for you to develop your skills and employability. By choosing your training from an award-winning RTO you can be confident that we have the specialist trainers and facilities to make your learning a really engaging and positive experience!
- UOC: TLILIC0005 - Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform | RIIHAN301E - operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length below 11 metres) | TLID3035 - Operate a boom type elevating work platform
- Cost: From $505 - 990
- Duration: 2 - 3 days
- Funding Available
|08:00 am - 04:30 pm
|08:00 am - 04:30 pm
|08:00 am - 04:30 pm
|08:00 am - 04:30 pm
As you are aware, a high-risk work licence is required to operate an EWP with a boom over 11 metres in length, where the measurement is based on a) The vertical distance from the floor of the platform to the surface supporting the elevating work platform with the platform at its maximum height; b) The nominal reach, measured horizontally from the centre point of rotation to the outer edge of the platform in its most extended position.
Since boom type EWP’s can be telescopic, hinged or articulated plus any combination of these – the risks and training requirements increase making this a course you need to subsequently apply for your high risk licence. The training topics covered during the three days are outlined below.
During this licenced EWP Ticket Training in Brisbane for scissor and boom lifts 11 mtrs and over you will learn about theoretical and practical topics including the following:
- Appropriate mathematical procedures to estimate loads
- Best operating practice including control measures and hazard prevention
- Emergency procedures and safety equipment, including the use of safety harnesses, energy absorbers, lanyard and anchor points
- Assessing ground conditions to confirm site is suitable to extend and travel on with the EWP
- Communicating with other workplace personnel and complying with WHS/OHS licensing legislation
- Identifying problems and equipment faults and appropriate response procedures
- Operating and controlling elevating work platform including all functions to their maximum extension within the safe working (rated) capacity
- Positioning, stabilising, set up of EWPs, including the use of outriggers/stabilisers and packing
- Handling of emergencies involving motor, people power lines etc
- Recording and maintaining accurate information relating to operating elevating work platform
- Shutting down an EWP in accordance with manufacturer specifications and workplace procedures
- Stabilising, using and interpreting manufacturer specifications and data
It is important you understand that EWP training itself does not give you your high risk licence. However, assuming you pass your EWP assessment you have 60 days to apply (and be assessed) for your high risk work licence.
You should be aware that, at the time of writing this, you have to renew your licence within 12 months of its expiry otherwise your high risk work licence can’t be renewed, you will have to repeat this training course and re-apply for your licence or re-enrol in the course again and be supervised by somebody who has a current licence for the same class.
If you successfully complete this course, you will receive a certificate which indicates the Statement of Attainments as recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This is a nationally recognised certification. The Statement is issued by us, Harness Energy (RTO 40521).
The EWP Licence ‘Statement of attainment’ is for the Nationally Accredited Units of Competency:
- TLILIC0005 Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom
Length 11 Metres or More)
- RIIHAN301E – operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length below 11 metres)
- TLID3035 – Operate a boom type elevating work platform
The Certificate is usually needed as evidence for your employer for safety and compliance requirements. You have 60 days to apply for a High Risk Work licence – see Linked Application information below.
Note: Supersedes and is equivalent to TLILIC2005 – Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
Bring valid physical ID – (please refer to https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations/work-health-and-safety-licences/apply-renew-or-replace-licences/evidence-of-identity for more information) with you to the day of training. Wear suitable PPE including closed in shoes. All equipment is provided. Review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements.
Roles & Industries for EWP Ticket Training
Frequently Asked Questions
This is the training required to enable you to get your High Risk Work Licence for EWP’s over the 11 mtr max boom length, you and your employer do need to know both how to operate one and importantly, operate an EWP safely. This training also includes the under 11 mtr EWP’s making this an awesome training course to do. Additionally, this EWP licence supports more working operations where the extra height/length is required.
You also will need to comply with a range of WHS requirements and these tickets are part of that – making this essential training if you are planning on operating EWP’s in your work.
TLILIC0005 enables you to apply for the HRWL over 11 mtrs – which is a requirement to operate these higher EWP’s. The RIIHAN301E – operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length below 11 metres) and TLID3035 – Operate a boom type elevating work platform are not subject to the same high risk work licence requirements. After this training, you will be able to apply for the relevant HRWL.
Important supporting information for Conducting Lifting Operations Training
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care