Of the two types of EWP tickets, this training course is focused on EWP Tickets – EWP under 11 mtrs – representing training for EWP’s where the boom length is below 11 mtrs. For example, smaller scissor lifts or boom lifts. This training can also be undertaken with the EWP Ticket for EWP’s over 11 mtrs – part of a licenced training course.
When you undertake our one-day EWP Ticket – Under 11m training course, you will learn how to plan EWP work, conduct routine checks, set up the elevating work platform and operate it and finally, shut down and securing theory and practicals with the help of our specialist EWP trainers.
- UOC: RIIHAN301E - operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length below 11 metres) | TLID3035 - Operate a boom type elevating work platform
- Cost: From $345
- Duration: 1 day
- Funding Available
During this non-licenced EWP Ticket Training for scissor and boom lifts under 11 Mtrs you will learn about key theoretical and practical topics including the following:
- Work instructions
- Emergency procedures
- Hazard identification and control
- Choosing plant and equipment
- Conduct routine checks
- Set up of Elevating Work Platform – stabilising, packing, sloping, hazard control measures
- Operating a boom type EWP and a elevating work platform including stabilising and emergency procedures in various scenarios
- Shut down and securing procedures including outriggers
- Post operation checks including reporting faults
- General maintenance and repairs
- Clean up
If you successfully complete this course, you will receive a certificate which indicates the Statement of Attainments as recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This is a nationally recognised certification. The Statement is issued by us, Harness Energy (RTO 40521).
The EWP Ticket Under 11 Mtr ‘Statement of attainment’ is for the Nationally Accredited Units of Competency:
- RIIHAN301E – operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length below 11 metres)
- TLID3035 – Operate a boom type elevating work platform
The Certificate is usually needed as evidence for your employer for safety and compliance requirements. You do not need to apply for a High Risk Work licence for these EWP types.
Resits – If you are required to resit, fees are charged at full course rate and you will be required to attend another full day of training.
Wear suitable PPE including closed in shoes. All equipment is provided. This is not a licenced course. Review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements.
Roles & Industries for EWP Ticket Training
Frequently Asked Questions
While you do not need to have a High Risk Work Licence for EWP’s under the 11 mtr max boom length, you and your employer do need to know both how to operate one and importantly, operate an EWP safely. You thus require the Yellow card which indicates you have been trained to safely operate an EWP under 11 mtrs.
You also will need to comply with a range of WHS requirements and both these tickets may be needed as part of that – making this essential training if you are planning on operating EWP’s in your work
The TLRIIHAN301E – operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length below 11 metres) and TLID3035 – Operate a boom type elevating work platform are not subject to the same high risk work licence
If you do the other EWP Ticket EWP Licence Over 11 mtrs, then the situation is different as anyone involved in the following activities will need a :
- operation of cranes and hoists
- dogging and rigging work
- driving a forklift truck
- erecting or dismantling scaffolding
- operation of boilers or other pressure equipment
- operation of concrete placing booms
- operation of an elevated work platform >11mtr
- operation of a reach stacker.
YELLOW TICKET HERE INFORMATION???????? AARON????
EWPA membership? etc
Important supporting information for Conducting Lifting Operations Training
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care