Go the next level with IADC WellSharp Supervisor Level Well Control accredited training enhances candidate understanding of key well shut-in procedures phases from recognising signs of a kick to executing the shut-in process.
Our highest level IADC WellSharp Level Well Control course, usually run from our Brisbane training facility is an intensive program designed to maximise your understanding of well shut-in phases from identifying kicks to executing well shut-ins, as well as post-shut-in monitoring and supervising the well-kill procedure.
Your Well Control education and certification with Harness’s IADC accredited trainers and world-class facilities include;
- Simulation using the latest technology with both a conventional Brake and Cyberchair available for practical training assessment (Drillsim5000 with Cyberchair)
- We have, with our Well Control School, one of the highest pass rates in the world – we teach to understand and comprehend, not teach to test and our results speak for themselves!
- Our individualised training enhances your performance, information retention and provides an engaging learning experience. Our instructors are chosen based on their extensive experience and proven ability to deliver optimal results for their students. This exceptional level of teaching, coupled with our state-of-the-art training facilities, offers you the prime chance to attain their IADC certificate.
- UOC: IADC WellSharp Driller Level Well Control
- Cost: From $2,750
- Duration: 5 Days
Our 5 day IADC accredited training is comprehensive in nature, usually Brisbane-based intensive program, will advance your understanding, knowledge and skills of the various phases of shutting-in a well in addition to the post-shut-in and well-kill processes and procedures. Topics are listed below, but this IADC Supervisor level training will help you;
- Apply the principles and processes required for surface or subsea well control servicing and operations
- Utilise the necessary equipment required for well control operations
- Enhance your understanding of well control and your ability to detect and manage kicks through your practical simulation sessions
- Manage all stages of shutting-in a well from kick detection to shutting in the well, to monitoring
The subsea and surface content covered during the IADC WellSharp Supervisor Level Well Control program will include:
- Introduction to Well Control
- Risk management
- Kill warning signs and indicators
- Fracture pressure and maximum surface pressure
- Well control methods
- Well control management
- Blowout preventers
- Choke manifold and chokes
- BOP control systems
- Barrier concept
- Causes of kicks
- Circulating systems
- Shut in procedures
- Well control during casing and cementing operations
- Contingency planning
- Associated well control equipment
- Auxiliary equipment
- Simulator training, exercises and assessment
Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate. It is an IADC certificate of completion that is valid for 2 years.
Successful completion of the assessment at the end of the course is based on achieving a 75% pass mark.
This is a certificate issued by Harness Energy (RTO 40521). We are accredited and audited by IADC to be able to deliver this technical Oil and Gas industry training.
You need to be registered with IADC. It is also recommended you have completed IADC Driller Level Well Control course. Please also review the general important information contained in Important Course Requirements page on this site.
Roles & Industries
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have successfully been awarded your Driller IADC certificate you can then look to work towards embarking on your Supervisor level certificate.
The course is designed for those in a variety of well-site roles including Drillers, Assistant Drillers, Roughnecks, Derrickman, Assistant to WellSite Supervisor or Wellsite Engineers, Wellsite Rig, Engineers, Wellsite Drilling Fluids Engineers, Mud and Completion Fluids Engineers, Wellsite Casing, Crew Supervisors, Fishing Engineers, Fishing Tool Operators, Rig crew, Barge Engineers and Subsea Engineers.
Do I need any previous experience or knowledge to prepare me for the IADC WellSharp Driller Level Well Control training?
Pre-registration with IADC is required and IADC WellSharp Introductory Level Well Control is recommended
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care