The Certificate IV in Well Servicing Operations is a qualification that has been developed to provide you – if you are working in a driller level role – with the skills and knowledge to develop key leadership skills while working on an operational well servicing site. As a driller, you are undertaking on far more complex and non routine activities as well as responsibilities for others within the team – providing key areas of focus for this qualification.
This qualification will suit a range of needs including:
- Those now managing non routine and technical complex situations | Supervisory responsibilities of rig crew personnel across various operations.
- Expanded responsibilities in relation to rig up and down for well servicing activities, blow outs, nippling up and pressure test.
- More safety and team responsibilities across the well servicing crew including emergency and critical situation management skills
- Tailor made and designed self paced workbooks providing critical theoretical knowledge and on the job training.
- National Accreditation that is recognised all around Australia and meets legislative competency requirements to work on a rig.
- Dedicated support from accredited Harness Trainers and assesors.
- UOC: RII41220 - Certificate IV Well Servicing Operations
- Cost: From $2,500
- Duration: 2 yr
- Funding Available
This Certificate IV well servicing qualification has been tailored by Harness for you if you are working under the instruction of a Rig Manager and are at that supervisor level for the well servicing crew. You are likely performing tasks involving a broad range of varied activities most of which are complex and non-routine and range from controlling emergency situations through to rig-up and down operations for well servicing, nippling up and pressure test. It is important that the theoretical understanding is in place to support these technical activities and this is a key part of this qualification – through the appropriate selection of elective units.
6 Core Units
- Lead Team Effectiveness BSBLDR403
- Control Emergencies and Critical Situations RIIERR405
- Monitor Oil and Gas drilling Equipment Maintenance RIISAM404
- Maintain Standard Procedures and safe Working Practices RIIWHS405D
- Rig up and Rig Down for Well Servicing Operations RIIWSV401E
- Participate in Well Servicing Nippling-up and Pressure Test RIIWSV403E
6 Elective Units chosen with the input of our clients and industries we support
- Apply and monitor surface operations emergency preparedness and Response Systems in Surface Operations RIIERR401E
- Manage Non-Routine, Complex Technical Situations RIIBEF401E
- Carry out well control and blow out prevention RIIOGD405E
- Conduct Hazard Analysis (RPL Only) MSMWHS201 Issue Work Permits (RPL Only) MSMPER300
- Apply risk management processes RIIRIS301E
Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate. It shows your Qualification and Statements of Attainment for each unit you have passed. All are recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework.
This is a nationally recognised qualification and is issued by Harness Energy (RTO 40521).
No course pre-requisites apply. You will need Internet access and a computer for this qualification. Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements page linked as this is a competency-based course and has both practical and theoretical elements.
Roles & Industries
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care