This qualification will suit a range of needs including:
- Those wanting to work in entry and second level roles within the Oil and Gas Industry
- Those looking to progress upwards in their oil and gas careers
- Tailor made and designed self paced workbooks providing critical theoretical knowledge and on the job training.
- National Accreditation that is recognised all around Australia and meets legislative competency requirements to work on a rig.
- Dedicated support from accredited Harness Trainer/Assesors.
- Recognition of prior learning can be considered for this qualification
- UOC: RII21120 - Certificate II in Oil & Gas Drilling (Onshore) and Well Servicing
- Cost: From $2,500
- Duration: 1 yr
- Funding Available
This is an employment-based resources and infrastructure qualification essential for those wanting to work or progress to Floorman or above within the Natural Oil & Gas industry, reflecting roles such as a Roustabout, Leasehand, Utility Operator, Floorhand, Lead Floorhand or Motorhand working in drilling oil and gas (onshore) or well servicing operations.
This Certificate II course consists of 6 core units and 6 elective units. Harness have trailored this course, with the electives, to suit the needs of industry leading operators, meet compliance requirements in the relevant roles and to provide a solid platform of knowledge for those undertaking a range of functions involving known routine or procedural job tasks.
12 units of study make up this qualification:
6 Core Units
- Communicate in the Workplace RIICOM201D
- Identify and Assess Environmental and Heritage Concerns RIIENV201E
- Contribute to the Control of Emergencies and Critical Situations RIIERR202E
- Conduct Local Risk Control RIIRIS201E Carry Out Rig Lease Operations RIIOGN201F
- Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures RIIWHS201E
Elective Units chosen with the input of our clients and industries we support
- Perform Rig Floor Operations RIIOGD204F
- Carry Out Equipment and Basic Rig Maintenance RIIOGD202E
- Work In Accordance with an issued permit MSMPER200
- Carry Out Operational Maintenance RIISAM209E
- Support Blow Out Prevention Operations RIIOGD205E
- Assist and monitor well control operations RIIOGD206E
Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate. It shows your Qualification and Statements of Attainment for each unit you have passed. All are recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework.
This is a nationally recognised qualification and is issued by Harness Energy (RTO 40521).
No course pre-requisites apply. You will need Internet access and a computer for this qualification. Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements page linked as this is a competency-based course and has both practical and theoretical elements.
Roles & Industries
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care