This course provides you with knowledge and skills to perform advanced rigging. Required for licencing purposes.
- UOC: CPCCLRG4001 - Licence to perform rigging advanced level
- Cost: From $2050
- Duration: 5 Days
This advanced rigging course includes the theoretical and practical components to meet the skills and knowledge required to safely perform advanced rigging work for the high-risk work licence class RA.
Participants will gain the following skills and knowledge:
- Legislation and standards
- Risk management
- Communication methods
- Steel erection
- Erecting hoists (including mast climbing hoists)
- Placing pre-cast concrete
- Moving plant and equipment using skates, chain blocks and tirfors
- Installing safety nets and static lines
- Installing perimeter safety screens and shutters
- Cantilever crane loading platforms
- Rigging of cranes, conveyers, dredges and excavators
- Tilt slabs, demolition work and dual lifts
- Gin poles and shear legs
- Flying foxes and cable ways
- Guyed derricks and structures
- Suspended scaffolds and fabricated hung scaffolds
Training and assessment is conducted at Harness Energy Training facilities. Upon arrangement, training and assessment can be conducted at the premises of industry clients providing there are suitable industry training facilities.
Upon successful completion of this course, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency will be issued:
CPCCLRG4001 Licence to perform rigging advanced level
NOTE: Statement of Attainment will be issued by Competency Training Pty Ltd (RTO 31299)
Competence in these units does not in itself result in a licence. Participants are only eligible to apply for a High-Risk Work Licence in the specific state or territory where they have:
- Completed their training, and
- Are eighteen (18) years of age, and
- Have completed the minimum logbook hours or training record, and
- Have passed the mandated national assessment instrument, and
- Have met any other state or territory work health and safety (WHS) criteria.
A licensing fee is payable to the relevant state or territory jurisdiction for those students wishing to apply for a High Risk Work Licence (class RA).
This course is suitable for those who have dogging and intermediate rigging experience. Participants undertaking this course may intend to work with mechanical load shifting equipment and associated gear to move, place or secure loads, including plant, equipment or members of a building or structure, whilst also ensuring the stability of those members and set up and dismantle cranes and hoists.
A moderate English language, literacy and numeracy skill level is required.
Participants must be over eighteen (18) years of age to undertake the mandated national assessment instrument, and must be able to provide a current High-Risk Work Licence and Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency as a pre-requisite for undertaking this course:
- CPCCLRG3002 Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
- RI Rigging Intermediate
All participants are required to wear the following minimum PPE to enter our facilities:
- Fully enclosed shoes (steel-capped boots preferred)
- Long-sleeve shirt with high visibility
- Long work pants
Additional PPE may be required depending on the course requirements.
Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care