Duration: 5 Day Course
The Harness five-day Perform Basic Rigging training course makes sure participants in operational roles in the resources and infrastructure industries leave with the skills and knowledge required to perform basic rigging.
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIHAN209E (Current).
- Nationally accredited training resulting in the award of Unit of Competency – Perform Basic Rigging RIIHAN209E (Current) – on successful completion of the course.
The mode of delivery for this course is face to face in a classroom environment as well as significant practical elements outside of the classroom.
What will I learn from the Harness Perform Basic Rigging training course?
When undertaking the Perform Basic Rigging training course, four main elements are covered throughout the five days:
- Plan and prepare for basic rigging
- Prepare rigging equipment
- Move loads
- Clean up
Students will be required to demonstrate their ability in:
- Locating and applying relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- Implementing requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of performing basic rigging.
- Working effectively with others to undertake and complete the performance of basic rigging that meets all of the required outcomes.
- Demonstrating completion of performing basic rigging that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.
Moreover, students will be required to demonstrate knowledge of:
- National Standard for High Risk Work
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Equipment characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- Operational and maintenance procedures
- Materials handling, storage and environmentally friendly waste management
- Safe Working Load (SWL) and Working Load Limit (WLL)
- Practices and regulation for dogging
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.