Duration: Self Paced Qualification
The Diploma Well Servicing Operations reflects the role of a Rig Manager in a well servicing operation. The tasks performed involve a high level of autonomy and require the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment/roles/techniques for themselves and others. Rig Managers are required to demonstrate the application of a broad range of technical, managerial, coordination and planning skills.
On successful completion of this course and associated projects, participants will be awarded RII51015 Diploma Well Servicing Operations.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Well Servicing Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Well Servicing Operations through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas Well Servicing site.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Rig Manager on an operational Well Servicing Site.
RII51015 Diploma Well Servicing Operations
10 Core Units of Competency:
- MSAPMPER300C Issue work permits
- RIIBEF401D Manage non-routine, complex technical situations
- RIIENV501D Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIERR504D Manage major incidents and emergencies
- RIIGOV501D Identify, implement and maintain legal compliance requirements
- RIIOGD502D Plan and evaluate rig operations
- RIIRIS501D Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
- RIIWSV501D Manage well servicing induction and orientation
- RIIWSV502D Manage well completion and rig release
- RIIWSV503D Manage and monitor rig-up operations
Through industry consultation Harness has chosen the below 6 Elective Units:
- RIIWSV401D Rig up and rig down for well servicing
- RIIWSV402D Conduct well servicing milling operations
- RIIWSV404D Conduct fishing operations
- RIIOGD405D Carry out well control and blow out prevention
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid (Short Course)