Duration: Self Paced Qualification
The Certificate IV Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) has been designed to reflect the roles of a Driller. The Certificate IV has been developed to provide Drillers with the underlying skills and knowledge to work on an operational drilling rig. A Driller works under the instruction of the Rig Manager and is the overall supervisor of the drilling crew. They perform tasks involving a broad range of varied activities most of which are complex and non-routine.
On successful completion of this course and associated projects, participants will be awarded RII41115 Certificate IV Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore).
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Drilling Oil/Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas-drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Driller on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RII41115 Certificate IV Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore)
8 Core Units of Competency:
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- RIIERR304D Control emergencies and critical situations
- RIIOGD401D Rig up, conduct pre-spud operations and rig down
- RIIOGD402D Participate in nippling-up and pressure test
- RIIOGD403D Conduct drilling operations
- RIIOGD405D Carry out well control and blow out prevention
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS405D Maintain standard procedures and safe working practices
Through industry consultation Harness has chosen the below 4 Elective Units:
- RIIOGD305D Apply Blow Out Prevention operational procedures
- RIIERR401D Apply and monitor surface operations emergency preparedness
- RIISAM314D Manage oil and gas drilling equipment maintenance
- MSAPMPER300C Issue work permits