Duration: Self Paced Qualification
The Certificate III in Well Servicing Operations is a brand new qualification designed to reflect the roles of a Derrickman who is an essential part of the crew and assists in any operation being carried out. A Derrickman is seen as a senior hand within the crew and the Certificate III assists in developing a broad range of skills in a wide variety of operations, which includes selecting equipment, maintaining fluids and pumps.
On successful completion of this course and associated projects, participants will be awarded RII32218 Certificate III in Well Servicing Operations.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Well Servicing Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Well Servicing Operations through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas Well Servicing site.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Derrickman on an operational Well Servicing Site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
RII32218 Certificate III in Well Servicing Operations
6 Core Units of Competency:
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- MSAPMPER200 Work in accordance with issued permit
- RIIERR302E Respond to emergencies and critical situations
- RIIOGD209E￼ Operate and maintain ancillary equipment
- RIIWSV302D Well servicing trip production tubing / work string
Through industry consultation Harness has chosen the below 8 Elective Units:
- RIIWSV301E Conduct and maintain well servicing derrick operations
- RIIWSV303D Operate fluid systems
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- RIIOGD304D Apply effective coal seam gas control practices
- RIIOGD305D Apply blow out prevention operational procedures
- MSMENV172 Identify and minimise environmental hazards
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
- RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights (Short Course)