Duration: Self Paced Qualification
The Certificate III Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) has been designed to reflect the roles of a Derrickman who is an essential part of the drilling crew and assists in any operation being carried out. A Derrickman is seen as a senior hand within the crew and the Certificate III assists in developing a broad range of skills in a wide variety of operations, which includes selecting equipment, maintaining the drilling fluid and mud pumps.
On successful completion of this course and associated projects, participants will be awarded RII32018 Certificate III Drilling Oil and Gas(onshore).
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Drilling Oil/Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas-drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Derrickman on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RII32018 Certificate III in Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore)
9 Core Units of Competency:
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- ￼BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- MSMENV172 Identify and minimise environmental hazards
- RIIERR302D Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- ￼RIIOGD209D Operate and maintain ancillary equipment
- ￼RIIOGD302E Trip casing
- ￼RIIOGD303E Trip pipe
- RIIOGN302E Operate mud pumps
- RIIOGN303D Operate mud systems
Through industry consultation Harness has chosen the below 5 Elective Units:
- RIIOGD203E Prepare and operate drilling fluid systems
- RIIOGD301E Conduct and maintain derrick operations
- RIIOGD304D Apply effective coal seam gas control practices
- RIIOGD305D Apply blow out prevention operational procedures
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction