Duration: Self Paced Qualification
The Certificate II Well Servicing Operations is designed to provide Well Servicing crews with a qualification to work as a Leasehand and Floorman on a Well Servicing operation.
On successful completion of this course and associated projects, participants will be awarded RII21215 Certificate II in Well Servicing Operations.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Well Servicing Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Well Servicing Operations through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas Well Servicing site.
The Certificate II provides individuals with the underlying practical skills and knowledge needed to undertake these roles safely. In order to gain a full qualification through Harness, personnel are required to prove they are employed within the drilling industry.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Leasehand or Floorman on an operational Well Servicing Site.
RII21215 Certificate II Well Servicing Operations
6 Core Units of Competency:
- RIICOM201D Communicate information in the workplace
- RIIERR202E Contribute to the control of emergencies and critical situations
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIISAM209D Carry out operational maintenance
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIWSV202E Carry out well servicing rig lease operations
Through industry consultation Harness has chosen the below 6 Elective Units:
- RIIWSV201E Perform well servicing rig floor operations
- MSMENV172 Identify and minimise environmental hazards
- RIIOGD205D Support blow out prevention operations
- RIIOGD206D Assist with coal seam gas control
- MSAPMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres