Why Choose Harness?
Harness is a leader in safety training and a major player in labour hire across a diverse range of mid-high risk environments and industries. With over a decade of operation, zero non-conformance issues since our inception as a Registered Training Organisation, we now train over 8,000 personnel each year – consistently supplying our clients with compliant, well-trained and safe employees. Through our rigorous training and passionate instructors, it is our vision to prevent fatalities and injuries, minimise down-time and reduce associated costs to individuals, to families, and to businesses.
We provide training for the prevention of the causes of stuck pipe, Wellbore instability, loss circulation and other forms of NPT.
Our course is delivered by our industry experienced training experts and culminates in a selection of practical simulator runs to embed learning with participants.
Who is this course for?
- Drilling Superintendents, Engineers, and Supervisors
- Drillers and Assistant Drillers
- Rig Managers and Toolpushers
Why choose Harness for IADC Stuck Pipe Prevention?
- Simulation using the latest technology with both a conventional Brake and Cyberchair available to embed theoretical learning outcomes
- Harness employs a plethora of petroleum experts, engineers, and well respected industry professionals from all over the globe to take part in program development. This cross-pollination of practical and theoretical minds has led to the renowned courses that Harness delivers today.
- Our Stuck Pipe Prevention courses limited to small numbers to ensure greater 1-on-1 training with more practical time on the simulator
- With a true passion and focus on learning outcomes Harness Trainers have a global reputation when it comes to providing training.
Harness InstructorsHarness instructors have been hand picked from a global stage and have successfully implemented a human factors approach to our programs. This approach to training has resulted in reduced anxiety levels, enhanced performance, greater retention and an overall positive learning experience throughout our courses.
Video: Hear from Harness Stuck Pipe Prevention Trainer, Kevin Alcock, discussing situations in which his knowledge of stuck pipe prevention has helped him.
The mode of delivery for this course is face to face in a classroom environment as well as significant practical elements outside of the classroom.
In the delivery of this course, our trainers focus on providing an individualised adult learning environment that considers the learner’s experience and employment history.
Theory is presented in a supportive learner centered environment designed to provide functional theoretical knowledge that is directly applicable to real world tasks.
Learning materials provided include the Harness student handbook and participants will be advised in advance of attending the course if there are any materials to be provided by them.
The assessment for this course has been designed to assess the individual to the Australian Qualification Framework, relevant Training Package, Australian and Industry expectations, as well as Commonwealth and State Legislation.
Throughout the Harness course our trainers will cover off the below operations ensuring a comprehensive understanding of both practical and theoretical elements.
Stuck Pipe Prevention covers:
- Wellbore stability and hole clearing
- Mechanical and geometric mechanisms
- Differential sticking
- Sticking and freeing forces - calculations
- Introduction to jars and accelerators
- Practical exercises utilising a full rig floor simulator
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.