The following is a case study where Harness Energy PNG was successful in tendering for a Training Contract with a Global Mining Company. Our PNG Team were the driving force behind getting this contract over the line.
In early 2019, our Client engaged an International Auditing Firm to conduct a full audit on their Training Programs/Sites due to incidents in the field. The results indicated there was a definite requirement for the Client to engage a Professional Registered Training Organisation who is established in PNG and had the ability to meet the training demands.
Due to the nature of their business, the Client required a training solution that met all their needs around Safety and Induction and High-Risk Training on an Accredited and Non-Accredited level. All Harness Trainers were required to be fully qualified and hold the latest the TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessing along with up to date Units of Competency’s in the areas they would train. The following points needed to be addressed:
Below outlines processes that were implemented to ensure this training model worked.
- Trainee’s Learners Support – Harness will ensure every Trainee has every opportunity to successfully complete their training. The following process will be followed if a Trainee fails at the first sitting:
- The will Trainee resit the course. The Harness Trainer will spend one on one time with the Trainee to address the Trainees concerns and then reassess. The Trainee will be given every opportunity to successfully complete the course.
- Expiry/Flag System – Harness will use its Certificate Renewal Program to advise The Client’s Training Department of employees expiring certificates. This “Flagged System” will advise The Client at three (3) months, and then again at one (1) month to ensure The Client can coordinate employees recertify their qualifications.
- Performance Review – The Client’s management and Harness Trainers and Account Manager will meet monthly to review the previous months workings and discuss any issues that may arise.
- Six (6) Monthly Internal Audit – The Client will at six (6) monthly intervals provide an Internal Audit on the Harness Training Operation on site. Harness will ensure all material will be available, as requested by The Client, for viewing. The Client may from time to time request Trainee Feedback Forms which Harness will make available at time of request.
- To ensure a transparent harmonious relationship, Harness PNG will provide constant open communication with The Client to ensure optimum results are achieved.