Assistant drillers, drillers and equivalent positions in well servicing.
Why choose Harness for IADC Well Control Driller Wellsharp Training?Harness training believes in providing you with the best value for money and giving every student the best possible chance at passing their Well Control course. How do we do this?
- Simulation using the latest technology with both a conventional Brake and Cyberchair available for practical training assessment (Drillsim5000 with Cyberchair)
- Harness Well Control School has one of the highest pass rates in the world - we teach to understand and comprehend, not teach to test and our results speak for themselves!
- Our Well Control courses run every week ensuring flexibility with your schedule and smaller class numbers to allow for greater 1-on-1 training
- With a true passion for Well Control and a strong focus on learning outcomes Harness Trainers have a global reputation in delivering these courses
Harness InstructorsHarness instructors have been hand picked from a global stage and have successfully implemented a human factors approach to our programs. This approach to training has resulted in reduced anxiety levels, enhanced performance, greater retention and an overall positive learning experience throughout our courses.
The mode of delivery for this course is face to face in a classroom environment as well as significant practical elements outside of the classroom.
In the delivery of this course, our trainers focus on providing an individualised adult learning environment that considers the learner’s experience and employment history.
Theory is presented in a supportive learner centered environment designed to provide functional theoretical knowledge that is directly applicable to real world tasks.
Learning materials provided include the Harness student handbook and participants will be advised in advance of attending the course if there are any materials to be provided by them.
The assessment for this course has been designed to assess the individual to the Australian Qualification Framework, relevant Training Package, Australian and Industry expectations, as well as Commonwealth and State Legislation.
This course covers a blend of both theoretical and practical training in Well Control to ensure you walk away knowing industry best practice when it comes to blow out prevention (BOP)
IADC Well Control covers:
- Introduction to Well Control
- Risk management
- Kill warning signs and indicators
- Fracture pressure and maximum surface pressure
- Well control methods
- Well control management
- Blowout preventers
- Choke manifold and chokes
- BOP control systems
- Barrier concept
- Causes of kicks
- Circulating systems
- Shut in procedures
- Well control during casing and cementing operations
- Contingency planning
- Associated well control equipment
- Auxiliary equipment
- Simulator training, exercises and assessment
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.