Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All qualifications in Well Servicing through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas Well Servicing site.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Rig Manager on an operational Well Servicing site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
- RII51020 - Diploma Well Servicing Operations
The RII51020 Diploma Well Servicing Operations covers the following:
7 x Core Units of Competency:
- RIIBEF401E Manage non-routine, complex technical situations
- RIIOGD501F Manage rig operations
- RIIOGD502E Plan and evaluate rig operations
- RIIOGD505E Manage drilling induction and orientation
- RIIRIS501E Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
- RIISAM502E Manage general drilling equipment maintenance
- RIIWSV503E Manage and monitor rig-up operations
5 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIOGD506D Manage rig move and camp move
- RIIOGD508D Manage well completion and abandonment
- RIIENV501E Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIERR504E Manage major incidents and emergencies
- RIIGOV501E Identify, implement and maintain legal compliance requirements
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.