Why Choose Harness?
Harness is a leader in safety training and a major player in labour hire across a diverse range of mid-high risk environments and industries. With over a decade of operation, zero non-conformance issues since our inception as a Registered Training Organisation, we now train over 8,000 personnel each year – consistently supplying our clients with compliant, well-trained and safe employees. Through our rigorous training and passionate instructors, it is our vision to prevent fatalities and injuries, minimise down-time and reduce associated costs to individuals, to families, and to businesses.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All qualifications in Well Servicing through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas Well Servicing site.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Rig Manager on an operational Well Servicing site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
- RII51015 - Diploma Well Servicing Operations
The RII51015 Diploma Well Servicing Operations covers the following:
10 x Core Units of Competency:
- MSAPMPER300C - Issue work permits
- RIIBEF401D - Manage non-routine, complex technical situations
- RIIENV501D - Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIERR504D - Manage major incidents and emergencies
- RIIGOV501D - Identify, implement and maintain legal compliance requirements
- RIIOGD502D - Plan and evaluate rig operations
- RIIRIS501D - Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
- RIIWSV501D - Manage well servicing induction and orientation
- RIIWSV502Dj - Manage well completion and rig release
- RIIWSV503D - Manage and monitor rig-up operations
6 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIWSV401D - Rig up and rig down for well servicing
- RIIWSV402D - Conduct well servicing milling operations
- RIIWSV404D - Conduct fishing operations
- RIIOGD405D - Carry out well control and blow out prevention
- TAEDEL301A - Provide work skill instruction
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid (short course)
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.