Why Choose Harness?
Harness is a leader in safety training and a major player in labour hire across a diverse range of mid-high risk environments and industries. With over a decade of operation, zero non-conformance issues since our inception as a Registered Training Organisation, we now train over 8,000 personnel each year – consistently supplying our clients with compliant, well-trained and safe employees. Through our rigorous training and passionate instructors, it is our vision to prevent fatalities and injuries, minimise down-time and reduce associated costs to individuals, to families, and to businesses.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All qualifications in Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Rig Manager on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
- Diploma Drilling Oil and Gas (Onshore)
The RII50815 Diploma (Drilling Oil and Gas - Onshore) covers the following:
6 x Core Units of Competency:
- RIIBEF401D - Manage non-routine, complex technical situations
- RIIOGD501E - Manage rig operations
- RIIOGD502D - Plan and evaluate rig operations
- RIIOGD504D - Manage drilling operations
- RIIOGD505D - Manage drilling induction and orientation
- RIISAM502D - Manage general drilling equipment maintenance
5 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIOGD506D - Manage rig move and camp move
- RIIOGD507D - Manage and monitor rig-up and rig-down to spud operations
- RIIOGD508D - Manage well completion and abandonment
- RIIENV501D - Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIRIS501D - Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.