Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All qualifications in Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Rig Manager on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
- RII50820 - Diploma of Drilling Oil & Gas (Onshore)
The RII50820 Diploma of Drilling Oil & Gas (Onshore) covers the following:
7 x Core Units of Competency:
- RIIBEF401E Manage non-routine, complex technical situations
- RIIOGD501F Manage rig operations
- RIIOGD502E Plan and evaluate rig operations
- RIIOGD505E Manage drilling induction and orientation
- RIIRIS501E Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
- RIISAM502E Manage general drilling equipment maintenance
- RIIWSV503E Manage and monitor rig-up operations
5 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIOGD506D Manage rig move and camp move
- RIIOGD508D Manage well completion and abandonment
- RIIENV501E Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIOGD504E Manage drilling operations
- RIIOGD507D Manage and monitor rig-up and rig-down to spud operations
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.