Why Choose Harness?
Harness is a leader in safety training and a major player in labour hire across a diverse range of mid-high risk environments and industries. With over a decade of operation, zero non-conformance issues since our inception as a Registered Training Organisation, we now train over 8,000 personnel each year – consistently supplying our clients with compliant, well-trained and safe employees. Through our rigorous training and passionate instructors, it is our vision to prevent fatalities and injuries, minimise down-time and reduce associated costs to individuals, to families, and to businesses.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Well Servicing through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Derrickman on an operational Well Servicing site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification workplace training.
- RII32218 - Certificate III in Well Servicing Operations
The RII32218 Certificate III Well Servicing Operations covers the following:
6 x Core Units of Competency:
- BSBFLM303 - Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWHS301 - Maintain workplace safety
- MSMPER200 - Work in accordance with issued permit
- RIIERR302E - Respond to emergencies and critical situations
- RIIOGD209E - Operate and maintain ancillary equipment
- RIIWSV302D - Well Servicing trip production tubing/work string
8 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIWSV301E - Conduct and maintain well servicing derrick operations
- RIIWSV303D - Operate fluid systems
- RIIRIS301D - Apply risk management processes
- RIIOGD304D - Apply effective coal seam gas control practices
- RIIOGD305D - Apply blow out prevention operational procedures
- MSMENV172 - Identify and minimise environmental hazards
- TAEDEL301 - Provide work skill instruction
- WIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights (short course)
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.