Built out of the IOGP 476 recommendations comes IWCF Drilling & Well Control Level 2 course. We designed our course, in alignment with the IWCF syllabus, specifically for junior level operational roles including Floorhand, Motorhand and Derrickhand. As the focus is on learning the core principles of maintaining well control, this is also a great introductory course for other key support roles such as engineering or other operational teams with work responsibilities that could impact on well control assurance. Start your IWCF journey with the benefit of our expertise including;
– Access to leading instructors. Picked from the global stage because of their skills, our instructors bring passion and an ability to go the extra mile. Their understanding of the broad roles you work in impacts their teaching style bringing an educational experience to fully resonate with your real working world in a way you can actually apply.
– ‘Best-in-class’ learning materials for your IWCF course. Our crafted IWCF syllabus materials benefit from the feedback from thousands of students to ensure your learning is optimal – and will support real world application.
– Professional facilities. From our Drilling simulator room, spacious classrooms and common areas you will build your oil and gas industry learning in a professional training facility with staff who demonstrate care and attitude that your acquisition of relevant knowledge is central to a long and safe career.
Our IWCF course and training approach, widely recognised as industry best practice, is an opportunity for you to start as you mean to go on – with quality in well control training!
- UOC: IWCF Drilling Well Control Level 2
- Cost: From $1925
- Duration: 3 Days
Our 3 day accredited IWCF Level 2 course , an introductory level oil and gas industry technical course, will help you operate under appropriate guidance in the monitoring, observing and reporting on key well influx or well integrity issues. It is not uncommon for some of the roles indicated above to be a first observer of a change eg mud levels and that makes building your understanding around well integrity potentially critical for surface or subsea operations.On successful completion of the course and assessment, you will be able to:
- Define and list kill and control methods
- Understand key challenges around kicks and shut in procedures
- More fully understand the various equipments involved in various aspects of well control
Our 3-day program develops on the foundations gained in Level 1 and is for those working within and around the drilling/drilling related roles or wanting to build towards IWCF Certificate Level 3 and 4.
Our comprehensive training approach is aligned with the IWCF syllabus to ensure your readiness to support in the field. Knowledge and confidence to add value and our courses are available from our Brisbane or Toowoomba facility.
Global leader in delivery – hand picked instructors and crafted materials instructors – industry leading pass rates
Join our internationally acclaimed Well Control training – the gateway to learning about well control and the insight to really understand how the role you are doing – could be critical.
Drilling Well Control Key Topics:
- Well Control principles and procedures
- Hydrostatic, formation and fracture pressure
- Primary and secondary Well Control
- Subsea factors
- Barrier concept
- Emergency drills
- Causes of kicks including loss of hydrostatic pressure, gas cutting,lost circulation, swab and surge effects and tripping
- Kick warning signs and kick indicators
- Circulating system
- Influx characteristics
- Shut-in procedures
- Well control methods including kill sheets, calculations, driller’s method and wait/weight method
- Well control during casing and cementing
- Well control equipment including blow out preventers (BOPs), choke manifolds, auxiliary equipment, testing and BOP control systems
Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate. It is an IWCF certificate of completion that is valid for 5 years.
Successful completion of the assessment at the end of the course is based on achieving a 70% pass mark in each assessment of the course
Harness Energy (RTO 40521) is accredited and audited by IWCF to be able to deliver this technical Oil and Gas industry training.
Pre-registration with IWCF and provision of your 6-digit IWCF Candidate Registration (CR) Number is required. To enhance your understanding we recommend completion of Level 1 training with IWCF – which can be undertaken online on the IWCF Website. Please also review the general important information contained in Important Course Requirements page on this site.
Roles & Industries
Frequently Asked Questions
The Harness Energy run IWCF accredited Drilling Well Control course is designed for you if you work in any of the variety of well-site roles such as Floorhand, Motorhand or Derrickhand. As an introductory level oil and gas industry technical course, it will help you operate under appropriate guidance in the monitoring, observing and reporting on key well influx or well integrity issues. It is really important to understand why you follow key procedures and appreciate what impact your work has in the well control drilling setting.
Well Control Instructors play a critical role in IWCF training and ours have been hand picked from the global stage. With years of experience in delivering this training in a way that ensures you gain insight and knowledge that is valuable – the quality is evident from the results our students achieve. This outstanding level of training results in a greater success rate for those working towards their IWCF certifications.
At Harness we are about the kind of learning that goes way beyond ‘passing an assessment’ because we want you to have the best insights, knowledge and training experience to support your real work.
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care