Our accredited 4-day IADC WellSharp Introductory Level Well Control course equips participants with the essential knowledge for well drilling as well as the fundamental principles required to maintain well control.
Designed for rig crew including Floorhands, Derrick Workers, Barge Engineers and Subsea Engineers as well as non-technical personnel, this introductory course alleged to the IADC syllabus gives participants the knowledge they need to obtain the IADC WellSharp Certificate.
Based in Brisbane, this IADC WellSharp Well Control Introductory Level course provides participants with an understanding of how to prevent, recognise and manage well control incidents during drilling operations.
Embark on IADC’s accredited program with Harness’s globally recognised trainers to continue on your well control journey!
- UOC: IADC WellSharp Driller Level Well Control
- Cost: From $1,925
- Duration: 4?? Days
Our 4 day IADC aligned training provides participants with the necessary information for well drilling, along with the fundamental principles essential for maintaining well control. On successful completion of the course and assessment, participants will have learnt the information to be able to:
- Grasp the repercussions linked to the loss of well control
- Comprehend the significance of kick detection
- Identify indications of abnormal pressures
- Comprehend appropriate actions when kick indicators are evident
- Accurately acquire shut-in pressures and parameters
- Skillfully choose a well control approach for regaining control
- Complete a surface and subsea kill sheet
- Execute fundamental well control calculations
- Describe the roles of different well control apparatus
Our 4 day IADC accredited training provides fundamental information around the core concepts for well control. Specifically
- Well Control Concepts
- Mud & Pit Management
- Risk Management
- Causes of Kicks
- Abnormal Pressure and Warning Signs
- Kick Detection
- Shut-In Procedures & Verification
- Post Shut-In & Monitoring Activities
- Well Control Drills and Methods
- Kill Sheet & Pre-recorded Data
- Well Control Equipment
Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate. It is an IADC certificate of completion that is valid for 5 years.
Successful completion of the assessment at the end of the course is based on achieving a 70% pass mark.
This is a certificate issued by Harness Energy (RTO 40521). We are accredited and audited by IADC to be able to deliver this technical Oil and Gas industry training.
You need to be registered with IADC. Please also review the general important information contained in Important Course Requirements page on this site.
Roles & Industries
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have successfully been awarded your Introductory IADC Wellsharp certificate you can then embark on the journey towards your Driller level certificate.
The course is designed for those in a variety of well-site roles including Roughnecks, Derrickmen, Assistant to WellSite Supervisor or Wellsite Engineers, Wellsite Rig Engineers, Wellsite Drilling Fluids Engineers, Mud and Completion Fluids Engineers, Wellsite Casing Crew Supervisors, Fishing Engineers, Fishing Tool Operators, Rig crew, Barge Engineers and Subsea Engineers.
Do I need any previous experience or knowledge to prepare me for the IADC WellSharp Driller Level Well Control training?
Pre-registration with IADC is required
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care