Are you a Rig Manager (or nearly one!) and are taking on broadest responsibilities of technical, managerial, coordination and planning levels? Then this Diploma in Well Servicing Operations is the qualification at the summit of well servicing qualifications. It will support those operating across all the rig’s well servicing operations and represents a step-up in required critical thinking skills.
This qualification will suit a range of needs including:
- Those with formalised management and supervisory roles specifically Rig Manager, but may suit Senior Drillers and Drilling Supervisors with broader rig well servicing operational responsibilities.
- Knowledge for management of complete rig operations from induction and orientation through to rig-up operations and through to rig moves.
- Approaches for major incident responsibilities – albeit rare – along with environmental management.
- UOC: RII51020 - Diploma in Well Servicing
- Cost: From $2,500
- Duration: 2 yr
- Funding Available
As this Diploma in Well Servicing Operations is the most senior qualification, this helps those of you with substantial experience to leverage and gain the most benefit from this qualification. Tailored and designed with self paced workbooks providing critical theoretical knowledge and on the job training. Dedicated support from accredited Harness Trainer. National Accreditation that is recognised all around Australia and meets legislative competency requirements to work on a rig.
Harness delivers this course in a work-place based approach with the tailoring orientated to the level of responsibility expected of those who have the necessary experience and are ready for this level of qualification. Much of the focus is on the broadening of responsibilities and the ability to manage, coordinate and plan across rig’s well servicing operations so Supervisors, Operational Managers are the key. With units in common with the Diploma Drilling (RII50820), this course varies with its focus towards managing major incidents, emergencies and compliant operations
7 Core Units
- Manage Non-routine, Complex Technical Situations RIIBEF401E
- Manage Rig Operations RIIOGD501F
- Plan and Evaluate Rig Operations RIIOGD502E
- Manage Drilling Induction and Orientation RIIOGD505E
- Implement and Maintain Management Systems to Control Risk RIIRIS501E
- Manage General Drilling Equipment Maintenance RIISAM502E
- Manage and Monitor Rig-up Operations RIIWSV503E
6 Elective Units chosen with the input of our clients and industries we support
- Manage Rig Move and Camp Move RIIOGD506D
- Manage Well Completion and Abandonment RIIOGD508D
- Implement and Maintain Environmental Management Plan RIIENV501E
- Manage Major Incidents and Emergencies RIIERR504E
- Identify, Implement and Maintain Legal Compliance Requirements RIIGOV501E
Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate. It shows your Qualification and Statements of Attainment for each unit you have passed. All are recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework.
This is a nationally recognised qualification and is issued by Harness Energy (RTO 40521).
No course pre-requisites apply. You will need Internet access and a computer for this qualification. Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements page linked as this is a competency-based course and has both practical and theoretical elements.
Roles & Industries
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care