This employment-based course reflects the role of Drillers and Senior Drillers working within the onshore Oil & Gas industry. The course focuses on the knowledge to support broad drilling activities undertaken on onshore drilling rigs as well as the supervisory aspects of those with responsibilities for the output of others.
This qualification will suit a range of needs including:
- Managing the output of other team members
- Requirement to support and develop technical solutions to non-routine problems
- Progressing towards more complex tasks which may be irregular in nature
- Enhanced ability to handle specific emergency reponse systems
- Tailor made and designed self paced workbooks providing critical theoretical knowledge and on the job training.
- Dedicated support from accredited Harness Trainer.
- National Accreditation that is recognised all around Australia and meets legislative competency requirements
- UOC: RII41120 - Certificate IV Drilling Oil & Gas (Onshore)
- Cost: From $2,500
- Duration: 2 yrs
- Funding Available
This course covers all core safety and operational aspects as well as equipment, casing and mud pump related units as part of the 10 required core units. In addition, Harness have tailored this qualification to include 4 key drilling areas of focus including drilling fluid systems, blow-out prevention procedures and control practices for coal seam gas. Integral to this course is derrick operations from planning, handling and executing through to rig down.
This Certificate III includes 14 units of study to make up this competency-based qualification:
10 Core Units
- Maintain Workplace Safety BSBWHS301
- Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit MSMPER200
- Contribute to Effective Workplace Relationships BSBFLM303
- Respond to Local Emergencies and Critical Situations RIIERR302E
- Operate and Maintain Ancillary Equipment RIIOGD209F
- Assist in Running Casing RIIOGD302F
- Identify and Assess Environmental and Heritage Concerns RIIENV201E
- Trip Pipe RIIOGD303F
- Operate Mud Pumps RIIOGN302F
- Operate, Monitor and Maintain Mud Systems RIIOGN303E
4 Elective Units chosen with the input of our clients and industries we support
- Prepare and Operate Drilling Fluid Systems RIIOGD203F
- Conduct and Maintain Derrick Operations RIIOGD301E
- Apply Blow Out Prevention Operational Procedures RIIOGD305E
- Apply Effective Coal Seam Gas Control Practices RIIOGD304D
Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate. It shows your Qualification and Statements of Attainment for each unit you have passed. All are recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework.
This is a nationally recognised qualification and is issued by Harness Energy (RTO 40521).
No course pre-requisites apply. You will need Internet access and a computer for this qualification. Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements page linked as this is a competency-based course and has both practical and theoretical elements.
Roles & Industries
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care