- Focused study with electives that matter
- Delivered by our award winning RTO
Our approach to this workplace based course is one that is holistic in terms of providing you a supported environment, regular access to our trainer and comprehensive materials with an easy to follow study plan that can make this a truly satisfying training journey – nothing less than you should expect from us, a state and national award winning training organisation with the critical mass to deliver but one that is also small enough to care.
- UOC: BSB40120 - Certificate IV Business
- Cost: From $Up to $2,600 (depending on funding)
- Duration: 2 yr
- Funding Available
Nationally recognised, our Certificate IV in Business consists of 12 units of study to help you build more skills applicable in many entry level business roles across a variety of industries. Reflecting the needs of a variety of business services roles, it is a qualification suited to you as you develop your potential and initiate the development of leadership skills.
You may have supervisory performance accountabilities and currently carry out a mix of specialist and moderately complex administrative or operational tasks that require self-development. During the course you will use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to build and apply solutions to a range of less predictable problems as well as building your skills to analyse information from a variety of places to hone your skill potential.
In the delivery of this course‚ our trainers support a range of supervisors, mentors to develop their problem solving and critical thinking skills as you build required skills and knowledge for building your team leadership, mentoring and support skills as an emerging leader within these sectors. This business qualification is not a purely theoretically-based course – we make it about your learning and understanding theory and then being able to apply it into your working life. In applying for this course, consider how you want to approach your study and the role of your organisation in supporting you as financial subsidies may be available to eligible applicants or organisations.
12 units of study make up the Cert IV Business qualification:
6 Core Units
- BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
6 Elective Units chosen with the input of our clients and industries we support
With the choice of electives we aim to support those working in general businesses as well as those working within medium to high risk industries such as manufacturing, resource sector, construction and transport.
- BSBPEF403 Lead personal development
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll receive a certificate. It shows your Qualification and Statements of Attainment for each unit you have passed. All are recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework.
This is a nationally recognised qualification and is issued by Harness Energy (RTO 40521).
No course pre-requisites apply. You will need Internet access and a computer for this qualification. Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements page linked as this is a competency-based course and has both practical and theoretical elements.
Roles & Industries for Cert IV Business Qualification
Frequently Asked Questions
This certificate IV qualification in Business includes the core units which are pre-determined base study units. It is recommended that you start with these units. We have selected the elective units to accompany the core units from a long list of options. This selection of electives is based on our client and industry feedback as being most relevant in the medium to high risk sectors as well as for those of you at that stage in your career of building your capabilities.
Funding options available to you may include:
- User Choice funding is often available when the study forms part of a training or apprenticeship program
- Self-funded – you pay for the course yourself – which may be suitable if you are taking the initiative to study and/or may potentially be moving company / role during the course of the study
- Employer-supported – where you may be able to have a % of the full study fees by your employer. It is recommended you speak with your manager to discuss the options available to you.
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care