This training course covers how to conduct civil construction excavator operations in the civil construction applications. With broader industry use including Resources sectors, Oil and Gas, Agriculture & Forestry, Transport and Logistics this is a valuable construction-related plant & equipment course to do.
- UOC: RIIMPO320F - Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations
- Cost: From $POA
- Duration: Please enquire
This unit covers how to conduct civil construction excavator operations in the civil construction activities across multiple industry sectors. The course includes:
- planning and preparing
- conducting machine pre-operational checks
- operation of an excavator including;
- bulk excavation,
- trench excavation,
- battering and benching;
- carrying and placing materials
- selecting,removing and fitting attachments
- relocating the machine
- carrying out machine operator maintenance; and
- cleaning up
Upon successful completion, participants will be issued a Statement of Attainment for undertaking this course:
RIIMPO320F Conduct civil construction excavator operations
NOTE: Statement of Attainment will be issued by Competency Training Pty Ltd (RTO 31299)
Excavator Operations is suitable for those who wish to operate an excavator within the Resources, Construction and Infrastructure industries.
A moderate English language, literacy and numeracy skill level is required.
All participants are required to wear the following minimum PPE to enter our facilities:
- Fully enclosed shoes (steel-capped boots preferred)
- Long-sleeve shirt with high visibility
- Long work pants
Additional PPE may be required depending on the course requirements.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL may be available for candidates with previous industry experience.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be able to operate an excavator in the civil, construction and resources industry. The level of work performed will be due to the operators’ experience.
This unit forms part of the qualification RII30820 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations.
Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care