This one day Conduct Lifting Operations Training course is an entry level crane operations ticket suited to day to day lifting needs vs structural or major lifting operations. It is a generalised course which will meet a range of operational lifting needs.
- Do you need to lift things at work which require more than a ute?
- Are you looking to develop your skills?
- Do you need a team on site that can safely undertake multiple types of jobs?
If so, Conduct Lifting Operations might be what you are looking for. Our training in this course is aimed at those working from the ground and who need to be involved in moving goods about. During the training you will learn what is involved in lifting preparations, how to use a crane for lifting and moving loads along with relevant maintenance and cleaning up.
This Conduct Lifting Operations Training qualifies you to operate a gantry or overhead crane with 3 or less powered operations, where hoist/raise and lower is one operation.
- UOC: RIIHAN203E - Conduct Lifting Operations
- Cost: From $395
- Duration: 1 day
The course content is detailed below and is considered important training if you are part of the team involved in moving loads (eg skips, plant and machinery, supplies etc) using a crane or gantry with three or less powered operations. Please see the detailed contents below which gives you a broad introduction into all aspects of the load moving processes.
You will find this ticket excellent way to start and build your skills in this key area of many industries – and build towards getting a crane or other related licence. It is also the course level where you might find yourself working with licenced Doggers, Riggers or other Crane Operators and, as such, this training will help make you a safer member of the whole team involved in moving loads.
If, however the crane will be controlled from a permanent cabin/control station or remotely controlled and has more than three operations a High Risk Work Licence is required and therefore different training courses.
During the course the topics and skills covered include:
Understand Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- eg Hook Block, Hoist, Carriage, Bridge, Runway, Main isolator switch
- Working with Doggers/Riggers
Site Policies and Procedures and Work Instructions
- Reading and Checking Your Work Instructions
- Prepare a Preliminary Lifting Plan and Pathway
Hazard Identification and Control
- Identify Hazards
- Control Hazards
- Environmental Protection Requirements
- Reporting Hazards
Confirm Job Feasibility
Finalise and Confirm Lifting Plan
Choose and Check Equipment
- Select and Check Attachments incl lifting and spreader beams
- Choose Lifting Gear including Fibre Rope, Flexible Steel Wire Rope (FSWR), Slings
- Associated Equipment
- Conduct Routine Checks, log book and operational checks
- Recording and Report Faults.
Prepare the Load
- Prepare the Load Placement Area .
- Crane Safe Working Load Limits and calculations
- Attaching Lifting Gear to the Crane Hook.
- Position the Crane Hook above the Load.
- Attach Lifting Gear to the Load
- Check the Work Area before Lifting and test lifts
Transfer the Load
- Safe Load Transfer Techniques.
- Lift the Load.
- Move the Load, Dual Hoists
- Lower and Place the Load
Shutting Down the Crane
- Partial Shut Down
- Full Shut Down
- Conduct Post-Operational Checks & Reporting Faults
Carry Out Routine Maintenance
- Carry Out Lubrication Tasks
- Carry Out Housekeeping Tasks
- Dispose of Environmentally Sensitive Fluids and Materials
3.3 Process Records
If you successfully complete this course, you will receive a certificate which indicates the Statement of Attainments as recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This is a nationally recognised certification. The Statement is issued by us, Harness Energy (RTO 40521).
The Conduct lifting Operations ‘Statement of attainment’ is for the Nationally Accredited Units of Competency:
- RIIHAN203E – Conduct Lifting Operations
The Certificate is usually needed as evidence for your employer for safety and compliance requirements.
NOTE: RIIHAN203E Supersedes and is equivalent to RIIHAN203D – Conduct lifting operations
No course pre-requisites apply. All transport and loading equipment is provided. Wear suitable PPE, closed in shoes. Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements
Roles & Industries for Load Restraint Training
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a worthwhile course for those in industries ranging from construction to resources who need to move stuff about! Its not a licenced course that would be needed for high risk licences but its a course the can potentially move you towards a speciality with Cranes, Rigging, Dogging and more.
On a day to day basis, it is useful for organisations to have a number of different people they can rely on to provide these lifting tasks safely.
Important supporting information for Conducting Lifting Operations Training
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care