This course includes the theoretical and practical components to meet the skills and knowledge required to safely operate cranes and gantry cranes
- UOC: TLILIC0016 - Licence to operate a bridge and gantry crane
- Cost: From $2000
- Duration: 5 Days
This bridge and gantry crane course includes the theoretical and practical components to meet the skills and knowledge required to be able to safely operate bridge cranes and gantry cranes for the high risk work licence class CB.
Bridge cranes which consist of a beam/s and are mounted to end carriages involving at least one hoisting mechanism to traverse the bridge.
Gantry graces being those that have bridge beam and have legs mounted to end carriages with a crab with one or more hoisting units.
For these courses, the training is focused on planning, preparation, performance and packing up of the work for these cranes.
Upon successful completion of this course, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency will be issued:
TLILIC0016 Licence to operate a bridge and gantry crane
NOTE: Statement of Attainment will be issued by Competency Training Pty Ltd (RTO 31299)
Competence in this unit does not in itself result in a licence. Participants are only eligible to apply for a High Risk Work Licence in the specific state or territory where they have:
- Completed their training, and
- Are eighteen (18) years of age, and
- Have completed the minimum logbook hours or training record, and
- Have passed the mandated national assessment instrument, and
- Have met any other state or territory work health and safety (WHS) criteria.
A licensing fee is payable to the relevant state or territory jurisdiction for those students wishing to apply for a High Risk Work Licence (class CB).
A moderate English language, literacy and numeracy skill level is required.
Participants must be over eighteen (18) years of age to undertake the mandated national assessment instrument.
All participants are required to wear the following minimum PPE to enter our facilities:
- Fully enclosed shoes (steel-capped boots preferred)
- Long-sleeve shirt with high visibility
- Long work pants
Additional PPE may be required depending on the course requirements.
Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care