This course provides participants with knowledge and skills to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20 tonnes) for licencing purposes.
- UOC: TLILIC0022 - Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20 tonnes)
- Cost: From $POA
- Duration: Please enquire
This mobile slewing crane up to 20 tonnes course includes the theoretical and practical components to meet the skills and knowledge required to be able to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a Maximum Rated Capacity (MRC) up to 20 tonnes for the high risk work licence class C2.
Participants will gain the following skills and knowledge:
- Load calculations
- Planning and preparing for operations and pre-start checks
- Crane movements and stability
- Slewing crane operation principles
- Operating a slewing mobile crane
- Hand and whistle signals
- Post-operational checks and shutdown procedures
Training and assessment is conducted at Harness Energy Training facilities. Upon arrangement, training and assessment can be conducted at the premises of industry clients providing there are suitable industry training facilities.
Upon successful completion of this course, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency will be issued:
TLILIC0022 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20 tonnes)
NOTE: Statement of Attainment will be issued by Competency Training Pty Ltd (RTO 31299)
Competence in this unit does not in itself result in a licence. Participants are only eligible to apply for a High Risk Work Licence in the specific state or territory where they have:
- Completed their training, and
- Are eighteen (18) years of age, and
- Have completed the minimum logbook hours or training record, and
- Have passed the mandated national assessment instrument, and
- Have met any other state or territory work health and safety (WHS) criteria.
A licensing fee is payable to the relevant state or territory jurisdiction for those students wishing to apply for a High Risk Work Licence (class C2).
This course is suitable for those who are required to operate a slewing mobile crane with a Maximum Rated Capacity (MRC) of up to 20 tonnes.
A moderate English language, literacy and numeracy skill level is required.
Participants must be over eighteen (18) years of age to undertake the mandated national assessment instrument.
All participants are required to wear the following minimum PPE to enter our facilities:
- Fully enclosed shoes (steel-capped boots preferred)
- Long-sleeve shirt with high visibility
- Long work pants
Additional PPE may be required depending on the course requirements.
Please also review the general important information (relevant to ALL courses) contained in Important Course Requirements
Enquiry | Group Discounts
Combine To Save!
Working At Heights + Rescue
- PUAFIR210 – Prevent injury
- PUASAR022 – Participate in a Rescue Operation
- RIWHS204E – Work safely at heights
- PUAEME001 – Provide emergency care