Harness offers a five day accredited Basic Scaffolding course which covers how to erect, alter, and dismantle scaffolding safely and correctly. Learning outcomes for this course include:
- Plan and prepare for basic scaffolding operations
- Erect and maintain basic scaffolding
- Dismantle basic scaffolding
- RIIHAN211D - Conduct Basic Scaffolding Operations
The mode of delivery for this course is face to face in a classroom environment as well as significant practical elements outside of the classroom.
In the delivery of this course, our trainers focus on providing an individualised adult learning environment that considers the learner’s experience and employment history.
Theory is presented in a supportive learner centered environment designed to provide functional theoretical knowledge that is directly applicable to real world tasks.
Learning materials provided include the Harness student handbook and participants will be advised in advance of attending the course if there are any materials to be provided by them.
The assessment for this course has been designed to assess the individual to the Australian Qualification Framework, relevant Training Package, Australian and Industry expectations, as well as Commonwealth and State Legislation.
Throughout the Harness course our trainers will cover off the below operations ensuring a comprehensive understanding of both practical and theoretical elements for Basic Scaffolding
Plan and prepare for Basic Scaffolding operations:
- Access, interpret and apply scaffolding documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
- Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements and safety information before proceeding
- Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
- Develop the preliminary scaffolding plan
- Confirm site preparation with appropriate personnel and identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues, and implement control measures
- Identify and select equipment
- Check equipment is ready for use and report verbally or in writing, label and repair any defects within functional responsibility
- Confirm scaffolding plan
Erect and maintain basic scaffolding
- Erect scaffolding
- Adhere to safety requirements at heights, on incomplete structures and in confined spaces
- Install static lines
- Assemble and erect lifting device
- Inspect critical structural and safety areas and equipment periodically while in use, identify any variation from the plan and record in writing inspection in inspection log
- Perform alteration or repair to critical structural and safety areas and equipment
Dismantle Basic Scaffolding
- Isolate scaffolding and appropriately sign and barricade
- Inspect, classify, label and dismantle scaffolding using the reverse procedure for erection
- Clear work area and dispose of used and recycled materials
- Clean, check and store equipment and tools
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.