Why Choose Harness?
Harness is a leader in safety training and a major player in labour hire across a diverse range of mid-high risk environments and industries. With over a decade of operation, zero non-conformance issues since our inception as a Registered Training Organisation, we now train over 8,000 personnel each year – consistently supplying our clients with compliant, well-trained and safe employees. Through our rigorous training and passionate instructors, it is our vision to prevent fatalities and injuries, minimise down-time and reduce associated costs to individuals, to families, and to businesses.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Driller on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
- Certificate IV Drilling Oil and Gas (Onshore)
The RII4III5 Certificate IV (Drilling Oil and Gas - Onshore) covers the following:
8 x Core Units of Competency:
- BSBLED401 - Develop teams and individuals
- RIIERR304D - Control emergencies and critical situations
- RIIOGD401D - Rig up, conduct pre-spud operations and rig down
- RIIOGD402D - Participate in nippling-up and pressure test
- RIIOGD403D - Conduct drilling operations
- RIIOGD405D - Carry out well control and blow out prevention
- RIIRIS301D - Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS405D - Maintain standard procedures and safe working practices
4 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIOGD305D - Apply Blow Out Prevention operational procedures
- RIIERR401D - Apply and monitor surface operations emergency preparedness
- RIISAM314D - Manage oil and gas drilling equipment maintenance
- MSAPMPER300C - Issue work permits
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.