Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Well Servicing through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Derrickman on an operational Well Servicing site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
- RII32220 - Certificate III in Well Servicing Operations
The RII32220 Certificate III Well Servicing Operations covers the following:
8 x Core Units of Competency:
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with issued permit
- RIIENV201E Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIIERR302E Respond to emergencies and critical situations
- RIIOGD209E Operate and maintain ancillary equipment
- RIIWSV302E Trip production string for well servicing operations
- RIIWSV303E Operate fluid systems
6 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIWSV301F Conduct and maintain well servicing derrick operations
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIIOGD304D Apply effective coal seam gas control practices
- RIIOGD305E Apply blow out prevention operational procedures
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
- WIIWHS204E Work safely at heights (short course)
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.