Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Derrickman on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
- RII32020 - Certificate III in Drilling Oil & Gas (Onshore)
The RII32020 Certificate III Drilling Oil and Gas (Onshore) covers the following:
10 x Core Units of Competency:
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- RIIENV201E Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIOGD209F Operate and maintain ancillary equipment
- RIIOGD302F Assist in running casing
- RIIOGD303F Trip pipe
- RIIOGN302F Operate mud pumps
- RIIOGN303E Operate, monitor and maintain mud systems
4 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIOGD203F Prepare and Operate Drilling Fluid Systems
- RIIOGD301E Conduct and Maintain Derrick Operations
- RIIOGD304D Apply effective coal seam gas control practices
- RIIOGD305E Apply blow out prevention operational procedures
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.