Why Choose Harness?
Harness is a leader in safety training and a major player in labour hire across a diverse range of mid-high risk environments and industries. With over a decade of operation, zero non-conformance issues since our inception as a Registered Training Organisation, we now train over 8,000 personnel each year – consistently supplying our clients with compliant, well-trained and safe employees. Through our rigorous training and passionate instructors, it is our vision to prevent fatalities and injuries, minimise down-time and reduce associated costs to individuals, to families, and to businesses.
Under current QLD legislation‚ all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Well Servicing Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Well Servicing through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas Well Servicing site.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Leasehand and Floorman on an operational Well Servicing site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
- RII21120 - Certificate II in Oil & Gas Drilling (Onshore) and Well Servicing
The RII21120 Certificate II in Oil & Gas Drilling (Onshore) and Well Servicing covers the following:
6 x Core Units of Competency:
- RIICOM201D - Communicate in the workplace
- RIIENV201E Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
- RIIERR202E Contribute to the Control of Emergencies and Critical Situations
- RIIOGN201F Carry Out Rig Lease Operations
- RIIRIS201E Conduct Local Risk Control
- RIIWHS201E Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures
6 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIOGD204F Perform Rig Floor Operations
- RIIOGD202E Carry Out Equipment and Basic Rig Maintenance
- MSMPER200 - Work In Accordance with an issued permit
- RIISAM209E Carry Out Operational Maintenance
- RIIOGD205E Support Blow Out Prevention Operations
- RIIOGD206E Assist and monitor well control operations
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.