Why Choose Harness?
Harness is a leader in safety training and a major player in labour hire across a diverse range of mid-high risk environments and industries. With over a decade of operation, zero non-conformance issues since our inception as a Registered Training Organisation, we now train over 8,000 personnel each year – consistently supplying our clients with compliant, well-trained and safe employees. Through our rigorous training and passionate instructors, it is our vision to prevent fatalities and injuries, minimise down-time and reduce associated costs to individuals, to families, and to businesses.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Leasehand and Floorman on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification workplace training.
- Certificate II Drilling OIl and Gas (Onshore)
The RII2III5 Certificate II (Drilling Oil and Gas - Onshore) covers the following:
8 x Core Units of Competency:
- MSMENV172 - Identify and minimise environmental hazards
- RIICOM201D - Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR202E - Contribute to the control of emergencies and critical situations
- RIIOGD204E - Perform rig floor operations
- RIIOGN201E - Carry out rig lease operations
- RIIRIS201D - Conduct local risk control
- RIISAM209D - Carry out operational maintenance
- RIIWHS201D - Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
4 x Elective Units (chosen by Harness through extensive Industry consultation):
- RIIOGD205D - Support blow out prevention operations
- RIIOGD206D - Assist with coal seam gas control
- MSAPMPER200 - Work in accordance with an issued permit
- RIIOGD202D - Carry out equipment and basic rig maintenance
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.