About This Course
Harness offers a four day intensive Casing Design and Cementing course designed by Harness Petroleum Engineers following extensive and rigorous industry consultation program. This course builds a firm foundation in the principles and practices of designing, planning and conducting successful casing and cement jobs.
The overall aim of this course is to provide personnel with the fundamental skills and knowledge for Casing Design and Cementing.
Who Is This Course For?
- Drilling & Completions Engineers
- Rig Managers
- Completions Specialists
- Company Men
- Service Personnel
The mode of delivery for this course is face to face in a classroom environment as well as significant practical elements outside of the classroom.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this course.
Throughout the Harness course our trainers will cover off the below operations ensuring a comprehensive understanding of both practical and theoretical elements.
The Casing Design and Cementing program covers:
- Casing terms and functions of Casing
- Properties of Casing Wellheads and Casing Hangers
- Casing running operations with step by step programmes
- Casing design with considerations of the description and calculation of internal and external loads and tensile loads
As a part of this course, with the objective of improving the individual's knowledge and level of competence, students will also be able to:
- Describe functions of cement
- Understand the purpose and design of cement slurries
- Apply the calculation of cement plugs
- Perform evaluations of cementing operations in order to ensure they are accurate and optimised
- Have a fundamental understanding of cementing equipment
- Have an understanding of how to conduct stage, squeeze and set cement jobs
Students will also learn:
- Component parts of a Casing String
- Casing terminology
- Properties of Casing
- API specifications, standards and bulletins
- Wellheads and Casing hangers
- Rig-site Operations
- Casing design
- Oil Well Cements
- Properties of Cement
- Cement additives
- Primary cementing
- Squeeze cementing
- Cement plugs
- Evaluation of cement jobs
- Calculations and engineering principles